20 June 2007

A shout out to Search Suggest users

It’s been quite a while since I released my Search Suggestions hack. Since then, I’ve seen the number of hashes being created for authorization increase steadily, which means people “are” using it. What I haven’t seen increase, is the number of search “terms” being added to my database.

This can mean one of two things:

  1. You have implemented the hack, but have botched up something in the implementation which is preventing search terms from being added to your account.

  2. You have “not” implemented my hack, and are just sitting pretty with a hash code in my database.

For the first case, if you need help implementing the hack properly, please let me know. I’ll be more than willing to have a look at your code and see where things are being messed up. We all want the suggestions to come up nice and pretty now, don’t we? :)

For the second case, well … if you don’t want to use it, fair enough. Just let me know your passcodes (which you used to get your hashes) so that I can remove them from the database, to prevent them from eating up space :)

Chow!


0 comments