30 January 2007

Unveiling: The Last Word (Gold Edition)

I am still keeping the blog in beta, because as has become quite obvious, changes will keep coming and going! There are a few changes I've made to the layout, and the way the blog functions now.

There is more than one post on the main page now for one, so less clicking. I've also revamped the bottom area. It'll contain the comment on the post pages, and a list of recently updated posts otherwise. The sidebar makes a return, with three widgets for now Updated to five - A colophon and the blog archives. The 'Topics' widget will be updated for asynchronous loading of the post list of a particular label has been updated with this new hack. I'll release it soon. I've removed smilies, they were becoming a little distraction. The hack still exists though, so no need to worry there :)

A good side-effect of the building from scratch is that I removed things that were unnecessary, and that's made the loading much faster. Also, as a friend pointed out, this is not exactly the 'minimalistic' that some people might have thought. To be very honest, while it had started off as minimal, I just kept on adding things which I liked, and ultimately ended up with this. This is by no means the final product, and my bad habit compels me to keep making small changes here and there. I am aware that the codes for my hacks don't show up properly. I'll be switching to a better way of displaying them, so I had to take out the old version. Please bear with me This is now fixed. Thanks to Dan Webb for the excellent code highlighting script. I've had my eyes on this one for a while :)

I think is a nice warm template to welcome the spring and summer time (it's a little far away, but I like to be prepared :) ). Hope you like it!


15 comments

Bruno said...

This is a great, great layout, any chance on providing the code for it??

Aditya said...

Not yet! Although, I have a surprise on these same lines coming up soon! So keep checking :)

Unknown said...

Excellent design and loads much faster than the previous one.. :))

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the graphics from?

Aditya said...

@Manas: Glad you liked it!

@Jen: I used raw Photoshop brushes, and used them to create the graphics :)

They aren't ready-made.

Unknown said...

Man, you are an artist!

ΦD said...

This is the most beautiful blog I have ever seen

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I was expecting a 'green' edition, since I know how fond you are of that colour.

:-)

Looks very good my friend. I like it alot. As always good work.

Beautiful! I love the flowers :)

Dijo said...

Hey aditya love this template of urs although a frnd of mine wanted to see the older one too. what happened was that i praised it a lot in front of him but when he came around to have a look u had changed it. Is there any place where the previous template can be seen? I would love to have the source for the older one too. Thanks. keep up the great work.

Efendi said...

my gawd... ooh
ohh.. my eyeess
no...
oh.. my eyeesss
..
..
this is. ....
...
sooooo..

beautifullll....

good god....

you're awesome ^^

Aditya said...

Thank you, Thank you very much...! I'm glad you all liked it so much :) I was a little sceptic about me experimenting with a more floral design. It all worked out in the end!

@Ramani: Thanks a lot! :D

@Phyeaux3: I'm working on a nice green and black template. I might even gift it to you if it comes up to my expectations :)

@DiJo: Done! You can see it here. The source, you'll have to wait for it. I have something in mind for it :)

@Efendi: Haha! Thanks a ton my friend! Now go and have some water :P

Deepak said...

Excellent design!
I liked the flowers and all (although I'm not a fan of Gold color)

Everything looks simple and superb.

BTW, I'd appreciate if you can change your Creative Commons license from "No Derivatives" to "Share Alike"
I generally would like to alter hacks to suit my needs. :)

Aditya said...

I like to keep it at that, and I'll tell you why.

That little detail makes people write to me to ask me for permission (atleast, they should). Now, I'll never deny anyone from creating derivatives, but this way I'll get to know where all my work is being used, which also allows me to link back to them in case they forget to comment and let me know of the change :)

Nothing negative, it infact helps the other person gain exposure quicker!

Avatar X said...

umm i like it but.....it needs some tweaks for me to love it.