01 April 2007

Let's call it a day

There comes a time, when decisions have to be taken, things have to be said, and bags have to be packed. One realises that things are just not how you think they are, or should be. You have to hand in the keys …

You would have noticed the lapse of posts these past few days here. Plus, no post from me saying “I’m still here!”. The reason is workload just increased tons, and I’m finding it hard to balance work and blogging/coding (coding == play in my life), which is the reason you haven’t seen any new hacks after a sudden burst of userscripts. I have two exams coming up, which are taking up all my time, and after these, I have more assignments and college duties on the horizon. I guess the fun days are really over this time.

The decision

It's for this reason, that I’ve decided to take The Last Word down. It was a hard judgement call I had to make, because it was frustrating my as to how I couldn’t come up with new posts. Hitting a creative block is the worst thing that can happen to me, and now that I have, workload from college is keeping it blocked.

This is the second time I’ll be taking a hiatus, but unfortunately, it seems like it might be the last time. I am “again” anticipating a come–back, but it won’t be anytime soon. Unless something “huge” happens in the Blog(ger)osphere, ofcourse.

I plan to release the last few hacks along with a few posts that I had pending in my drafts, and by the end of this week, wrap things up. I want to apologise to all my readers for this, it was a really nice to be a part of the community for so long, and get all the support! Thank you!

Also, thanks to all the bleet who have helped me learn so much more about the ways of programming, the Internet and just generally working as a group and a team in getting things done. Finally, a hearty thanks to Avatar! I’ve probably said all I could say, without meaning even a tenth of what I’d want to. I wish him all the best with Bloggeratto—whenever it may surface—and in all future Internet and Blogger endeavours. As for you, my readers, I wish you all the best with your blogs and all the Internet–related–things that you might enter into the future. Maybe some of you would have gained enough insight from the Last Word and aim to become one of the bleet yourself? :)

The last (really) word!

So, I’m going to stop blabbering now, and leave you with a song … Take care, and cheers!

Alive (Pearl Jam)

“ … Son, she said, have I got a little story for you
What you thought was your daddy was nothin’ but a…
While you were sittin’ home alone at age thirteen
Your real daddy was dyin’, sorry you didn’t see him, but I’m glad we talked...
Oh I, oh, I’m still alive
Hey...oh...

Oh, she walks slowly, across a young man’s room
She said I’m ready…for you
I can’t remember anything to this very day
‘Cept the look, the look...
Oh, you know where, now I can’t see, I just stare...
I, I’m still alive
Ooh yeah…yeah yeah yeah...oh...oh...

Is something wrong, she said
Well of course there is
You’re still alive, she said
Oh, and do I deserve to be
Is that the question
And if so…if so…who answers…who answers...
I, oh, I’m still alive
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah ... ”


10 comments

Jim said...

SAY It AIN'T SO! I've used sooo much from this blog!

Sherry said...

:) Yeah... I claim the gold for being the first one to comment. Woh alag baat hai ki I'm doing that without reading the post itself. :P

alrite, so ur site design is absoulutely wonderful and classy. Love it! (if u don't mind me asking, where did u obtain the graphics from?)

also, thanks a ton for all those incredible hacks.
and all d best for ur exams.

F2 said...

The first of April :P

We can't stop blogging. It's stronger than us :)

Unknown said...

Well, you don't have to take it down per say. you could write whenever you have time. My blog is half dead too but I don't bother because I don't consider blogs as diaries needing a "I'm here" entry everyday.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm all for you putting the real stuff in life first. I know how sometimes this Blogger stuff can intrude.

But are you saying The Last Word itself is being taken offline, as in...offline...down...out??? rather than just you taking a hiatus from posting?? That would be sad. But if that's your choice then I support you 100%. I've been in that spot a couple of times myself....heh. :-D
The Last Word is always a breath of fresh air.

Well whatever may come, wish you the best in the real world, and hope to see you around when you get the time.

Cheers my friend!!

Oh, nice choice on the song. One of my favorites.

Efendi said...

HEH! almost got me there ;)

luckily i saw those date ;)

hehe .. :D

you'll never gonna stop bloggin' it's already in your blood ;)

:D

i missed the april mop, since i had a long vacation from friday :P

but then again, great one here, *almost* got me :P

hehehe...

Cyber-Buff said...

isn't it some kinda 1st april joke? Stop kiddin'! I'll kill you if you stop blogging...

Deepak said...

April 1st joke, eh? You got me there. I was just about to make a sad comment. :D

Anyway, check this joke out:
http://www.google.com/tisp/index.html
Wi-Fi flushed down indeed!!

Adi said...

I used to wonder how did you get to do so much. Then I realised that you had just joined college.

I did post once sometime ago saying the same thing.

But, it's no big deal to keep a blog stagnant, as long as you tell people why its so. you do get holidays in between when you can use this as a sandbox for creating newer things... Research google APIs for cooler ideas.

Anyway.. Cheers.. And yes.. Enjoy college.

AND, April 1...Do I read too much into that?

Avatar X said...

i am too jaded to fall for something like that..but take it offline?... shesh, you just HAD to add that in uh?...